Relive the grand age of steam engines with AJECTA at the Living Railroad Museum!
The Youth Association for the Maintenance and Preservation of Old Trains (AJECTA) invites you to take a ride on the rails of history at the Living Railroad Museum.
You can visit an impressive train depot full of enormous engines. Its wooden roundhouse, which dates from 1911, is designated as a Historic Monument. This ingenious construction made it possible to select the right locomotive.
The museum offers a unique collection made up of 10 locomotive engines dating from 1866 to 1943. AJECTA has completely restored some of them.
A journey through time awaits you: from a Pullman luxury car from the Roaring ’20s to a third-class passenger car and a restaurant car. And don’t forget a nice steam bath!
AJECTA regularly organises special train rides on the national rail network lines (based on availability).
Tourism, gastronomy, history and enlightening guides are always available on these railway “cruises” and other Steam Days:
– From 9 to 11 July 2021: Seine-et-Marne Heritage Festival “Emmenez-moi!”: complete programme in progress.
– Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 September 2021:
– Steam train Days, as part of the European Heritage Days: come and meet us and discover half a century of railway preservation. Presentation of the association’s work sites. Railway flea market, model railways and exhibitors with railway themes.
– Steam train trip Longueville/Provins/Villiers: complete programme in progress.
– Saturday 31 October 2021: The Pumpkin Train special “Halloween”, come and be scared on a steam journey between Longueville and Provins.
– Sunday 12 December 2021: The Santa Claus Steam Train, to celebrate Christmas on a train pulled by a splendid steam locomotive.
Schedules, Welcome conditions & Prices
• From 22 May to 31 October 2021: Saturday, Sunday and public holidays from 10.30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• From 1 November to 19 December: only on Sunday and public holidays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Exceptional closure on Saturday 29 May and Saturday 12 June 2021.
• Annual closure from 20 December 2021 to 1 January 2022.
Length: about 1h30.
Last admission 15 min. before the closure of the museum.
For your safety, welcome conditions are specially set up:
• Direction of the visit and limited number of people respecting social distancing.
• Hydroalcoholic gel dispenser at the entry of the museum.
• Wearing of the mask is obligatory.
• Contactless payment card recommended.
• Adult 4 € – child (6-11 years old) 2 € – free for under 6 years old.