Where to park in the medieval town of Provins?
Notice to Visitors
• During the Medieval Festival of Provins (2nd weekend of June):
The parking near the Tourist Office is exceptionally closed for the festival.
A free parking for campers will be at your disposal from Thursday before, until the end of the festival.
To find this area, please follow the signs from the Tourist Office throw town (shower, WC, but no water and no electricity).
For all visitors, free parkings and shuttles will be at your disposal. Remember the parking number to take back the right shuttle.
• For the funfair (the first three weeks of November):
The car park of the Villecran area is reserved for the fairground stallholders with the authorization of the Municipal Police.
• During the event « Christmas in Provins » (2nd weekend of December) :
The car park will not be accessible unless you arrive on the Thursday before the event. You will then be allowed to stay and park.
If you arrive on Saturday or Sunday, we advise you to go to the various car parks at your disposal (flat car park at the Centre des Impôts, located at 8 avenue André Malraux).
To get to the places of entertainment, free shuttles at departures from the Tourist Office and the Cultural and Sports Centre of Saint-Ayoul, connect the upper town and the downtown.
Thank you for your understanding!
Parking in the upper town
The Provins Tourist Office has a large car park, including 7 spaces reserved for the people with disabilities.
• For car: paying on weekends, public holidays and bridges from 28 March to 1 November 2020, and exceptionally on municipal by-law.
It is free the rest of the year.
Prices: 4 € per complete day – 2 € for half day (from 1 p.m.).
Parking is paid for in cash only, on arrival and at the municipal offices (please note that there are no cash dispensers nearby).
Thank you for your understanding.
• The parking of Provins is free all year long for motorbikes.
Parking in the downtown
All parkings in the downtown of Provins are free!
Some, however, are located in the blue zone, to be used with a current European disc.
– 178 places in the quartier Delort, between the Saint-Ayoul church and the Centre Culturel et Sportif de Saint-Ayoul (cultural centre).
– From 400 to 500 places, on the place du 29e Dragons and in the avenue Alain Peyreffite, facing the police station.
– 129 places, located rue Sainte Croix, near the sub-prefecture.
– 76 places, on the place du Cloître, near the Tour Notre-Dame-du-Val.
Blue zone parkings:
– 63 places, on the place de la Résistance et de la Déportation, right next to the Sainte-Croix church.
– 52 places on the place Honoré de Balzac.
– About 300 places throughout the downtown, on the main streets so as rue de la Friperie, rue de la Cordonnerie, etc.