A 12th century dungeon, the Caesar Tower is the symbol of the power of Provins and the Counts of Champagne in the Middle Ages!
The Cesar Tower is the emblematic monument of the medieval city of Provins and a concentrate of history!
This 12th century keep is impressive both in size and shape!
It is also called the “Grosse Tour”, served as a watchtower, a refuge and a prison.
Prisoners were locked up in the turrets and dungeons, narrow and sometimes into total darkness …
Today it houses the bells of the collegiate church of Saint-Quiriace and still rings twice: 5mn before and on the hour.
Before you reach the sumptuous 17th century roof structure, you will pass through the vaulted guards’ room, the room known as the “Governor’s Office”, very luxurious with its fireplace and especially its individual latrines, the “Pâté aux Anglais”, and finally the covered way to protect against bad weather and attacks.
Once you have climbed up all the floors, you will enjoy the splendid view of the whole of Provins and its surrounding countryside!
When you come back down the spiral staircase that will certainly make you dizzy, don’t miss the lower room, the last step before the return to daylight…
Nocturnal illumination of the tower, sublimely enhanced by new LED lighting, in an ecological and economical approach.
Schedules, Welcome conditions & Prices
• Up to 26 March 2021: weekends from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. – in week from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• From 27 March to 7 November: daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• From 8 November to 31 December: weekends and public holidays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. – in week from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• 11 & 12 December: Christmas in Provins: from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Closure: 1 January and 25 December.
For your safety, welcome conditions are specially set up:
• Direction of the visit respecting social distancing.
• Hydroalcoholic gel dispenser at the entry of the monument.
• Wearing of the mask is obligatory in the monument (and obligatory throughout the whole medieval town).
• Included in the Pass Provins or Family Pass.
• Ticket for the monument only: adult 4,30 € – child (4-12 years old) 2,80 € – free for under 4 years old.
• CB payment accepted.
Length: about 35 min.
Last admission 15 min. before the closure of the monument.
Access: rue de la Pie.
Please note that our friends the animals are not allowed in the monuments, nor on the sites of the shows, nor in the major events.
Buy your tickets online
The Cesar Tower is included in the Pass Provins or Pass Family.
But you can buy the ticket for the monument only:
0033 1 64 60 26 26