Visit the castle of La Motte Tilly, a fully furnished 18th century domain with many activities, close to Provins!
The present-day Château de La Motte-Tilly was built in the 18th century by the Abbot Joseph Terray, the future Controller General of Finances of Louis XV, as a summer resort, a place for holidays and rest!
Classified as a Historical Monument in 1946 and serving a private residence until 1972, the chateau was bequeathed to the Centre des Monuments Nationaux following the death of the Marquise de Maillé, the last owner, without an heir.
The condition was that it should be kept as it was and that « the visitor should feel a sense of presence ».
As you pass through the various decorated and furnished rooms and the wooded park that has witnessed the evolution of the gardens of great houses, you’ll discover the true life of the Chateau!
The Amis du Château de la Motte-Tilly association regularly hosts concerts in the Orangerie or specific rooms. See their latest news on their website (only in French).
To experience an unforgettable moment, it is entirely possible to privatize the castle to organize your events or book a personalized visit.
Schedules, Welcome conditions & Prices
• From 9 June to 14 October 2020: from Tuesday to Sunday, guided tour of the castle at 10.30 a.m., 11.30 a.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. – self tour of the park from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Closed on Monday and 1 May.
• From 15 October 2020 to 14 April 2021: from Wednesday to Sunday,guided tour of the castle at 10.30 a.m., 11.30 a.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. – self tour of the park from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed on Monday, Tuesday and 25 December.
For your safety, welcome conditions are specially set up:
• Visit limited to 9 people.
• Hydroalcoholic gel dispenser at the entry of the monument.
• Wearing of the mask is obligatory in the monument.
• Direction of the visit respecting social distancing.
• Payment by credit card recommended.
• Full price 8 €.
• Free entrance for under 18 year olds (in families and outside school groups), for 18-25 year olds (European Union nationals and regular non-European Union residents), disabled persons and their accompanying person, jobseekers on presentation of a certificate less than 6 months old, holders of the Culture card, ICOM card and Education Pass.
• Twin ticket with the Camille Claudel Museum: 10 € (instead of 15 €), available for 6 months from the date of purchase.
Length: 1 hour.
Possibility of an extended visit of 1h45, on booking 1 month in advance.
Attention, our friends the animals are not accepted in the monument.
Rdv at the Château de La Motte-Tilly, access via D411, 10400 La Motte-Tilly.
0033 3 25 39 99 67