The Provins and the Provins area exhibits unique collections from the Antiquity to the 19th century.
This “Museum of France” is located inside one of the oldest civilian structures of Provins, the “Roman House“.
Before entering this architectural monument, be sure to admire its 12th-century façade and magnificent window set in diamonds.
Inside, you’ll find invaluable collections from archaeological excavations in Provins and its surrounding areas that date from prehistoric times and run through the Renaissance to the 19th century.
Among the notable exhibition items housed here are the exceptional treasured remnants of Saint Quiriace Church (golden monstrances, a trinity icon from the 15th century and Saint Edme’s chasuble made of silk lampas from the 13th century).
The museum also features sculptures, paintings and rare objects, such as a baby hatch used to abandon orphans at church doors.
Schedules, Welcome Conditions & Prices
Information subject to the evolution of the sanitary context.
• From 19 May to 11 June 2021: daily from 12 noon to 5.30 p.m.
• From 12 June to 19 September: daily from 11 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
• From 20 September to 1 November: daily from 12 noon to 5.30 p.m.
• From 2 November to 19 December: weekends, public holidays, and daily during French school Holidays (zone C), from 12 noon to 5.30 p.m.
• Closure: from 1 to 8 January, 29 August, and from 20 December 2021 to 7 January 2022 included.
For your safety, welcome conditions are specially set up:
• Limited number of people at the same time in the monument.
• Direction of the visit respecting social distancing.
• Hydroalcoholic gel dispenser at the entry of the monument.
• Wearing a face mask is obligatory in the monument (and obligatory throughout the whole medieval town).
• Included in the Pass Provins or Pass Family.
• Ticket for the monument only, saled onsite: adult 4 € – child (4-12 years old) and other reduced price: 2 € .
Length: about 35 min.
Last admission 30 min. before the closure of the monument.
Please note that animal friends are not allowed in the monuments, nor on the sites of the shows, nor in the major events.
Rdv at 7 rue du Palais, 77160 Provins.
0033 1 64 01 40 19